About Me

My photo
I filed October 8TH, 2013 and became a Candidate for Kansas Governor for the 2014 Election. I also became a Republican. Feel free to contact me. @HerbertIII on twitter. west.herb@yahoo.com , 21817 W. 351st, Paola Kansas 66071. http://herbertwest3rd.blogspot.com/ These websites are being used as an "In Kind Contribution", as they are mine and free through Google Blogger. See "Fair Market Value" at the, Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission's webpage. Posted by Herbert West III Campaign Treasurer for, Candidate for KS Governor 2014, Herbert West III, (R). E.I.N. 80-0953936.

Monday, July 27, 2009

My Campaign Raffle Rules and Play.

July 27th, 2009. {Please read the update below}.


..I will be getting "Contributions" from Convenience Store's soon. Example, a store Contributes up to $500.00, for a single Raffle. I contract with them and they allow me to come in for 1 day. I advertise the Raffle and set up on the contracted day. I set up a table and give away Raffle Tickets all day. At the end of each hour, I will draw out 20 tickets and destroy the other Raffle Tickets I collected in that hour. I will do this 8 times in a row. The beginning of each hour, after the first hour, starts with 20 Raffle Tickets in it. The 20 Tickets pulled at the end of hour 1 start hour 2. At the end of hour 2, I will draw 20 Tickets and these start hour 3. At the end of the day I will draw the last 20 Tickets and place them in a box. I will draw 1 winner from that box. They will win that $500.00, "TAX FREE"! As people get a Raffle Ticket, I will write their name and address down. They must be 18 to play. I can collect Campaign Contributions, separately. I "CANNOT" demand or ask for any money for a Raffle Ticket. I can limit 1 Raffle Ticket, per person, per hour. I will let you know when I get these scheduled.
***************************************
***************************************

..::UPDATE:.. Sept 2nd, 2009..
******************************

..I will be talking to people about issues and discussing my views on issues at these "FREE RAFFLE" events. I want to meet with people. I feel this "FREE RAFFLE" approach will bring in more people for me to listen to and discuss issues. I want to set up other events and meetings also. These "FREE RAFFLES", through the contributions, can set up campaign budget funds so I can do that.

..Things have changed a little bit. I will still be doing "Free Raffles". I will list the changes here.

.1. I will not be collecting any Campaign Contributions the same day as scheduled, conducted "Free Raffles".

.2. I cannot specify any of the Business, Association, Organization or Private Individual Contributors as the contributors for the Raffle. I can and will list any and all, of the business, organizations, and association contributors on my website, as "Business, Organization, Association Contributors". Individuals will be on a seperate blog page. Again, their Contribution is not tax deductable.

.3. I will still collect and pull Ticket Stubs on an hourly basis and only keep 20 tickets at the top of each hour by random drawing. Those ticket stubs will start the next hours box. If the hour is declared as a drawing hour, I will draw 20 tickets and place them in a empty box. Then I will pull that designated hours winner. I will try to be able to give up to the Law of $500.00. I will then pull a couple of alternates and destroy all the rest of the residual 20 tickets and that previous hours non 20 ticket stubs. I will pull 20 ticket stubs every hour and draw a winner at ever posted/scheduled hour for the prize.

.4. People still have to be 18 with an approved State ID or Drivers License.

.5. People still can only enter 1 time per hour and they can only win 1 time per scheduled day. They do not have to be present to win. They must be present to participate and to receive their hourly "Free Raffle Ticket".

.6. I plan on using the "Perforated Carnival Tickets". The back of these has a place to fill out the persons name, address etc:.. Their ID must match the information on the "Raffle Ticket Stub Drawn". If it doesn't, I then go to the alternates and they must follow the same rule.

.7. Each separate prize will be paid in cash and each separate prize drawing winner will receive a receipt. I will keep a record of winners for my Kansas Campaign Finance Reports that I file with the Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission.

.8. All rules that are posted at the drawing the day of the drawing will be considered the rules that will be followed and upheld. I will update this website as deemed necessary. Any changes in the rules will be declared and posted ahead of time here and with the Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission as well as the Mayor or City Manager of the City where I will be conducting the "Drawing".

.9. As a courtesy, I will contact the Mayor/City Manager of each city before I conduct a "Free Raffle Drawing" in their city. These elevates any confusion and gives them a chance to review the "Free Raffle". I have nothing to hide. They have the right to review these dealing in their city. It helps them protect you, their resident/neighbor.

..10. If a Police Officer plays while on duty, I will have to give their winnings to their Department "Directly". The Department will decide if they can or cannot receive the winnings. {Sept. 06, 2009}.

..If 1,000 businesses, organizations, associations or individuals give me $10.00 each in Contributions, that would be a total of $10,000 I would receive in Contributions. I would give away 1/2 in drawings. $5,000.00. That is 10 $500.00 winners. In giving away 4 winners a day, that would be 2 and a half days worth of drawings. If a total of 10,000 businesses, organizations, associations and individuals, State wide were to give me $10.00 each, that would be $100,000.00 in Contributions. Half of that would be given away in drawings. $50,000.00 would be 100, $500.00 winners. 100 divide by 4 would be 25 days of "Raffle Drawings". Each business would be listed alphabetically on my website as a Contributor on a seperate blog page, like these other 4. That is $10.00 for advertising for businesses, organizations, associations and a seperate blog page for individuals. That is pretty cheap. If they give today, they stay listed all the way through Aug 2010 at a minimum. They are viewed at every drawing. 25 days with 4 drawings per day. With my website named through out the day and people visiting the site seeing me and seeing them as Contributors. People seeing them as companies an groups who helped give out the 1/2 of the Contributions by Contributing to my campaign. $10.00 bucks each! Topeka has 1,300 to 1,900 businesses and a multitude of associations, organizations and private indivduals. At $10.00 each, that would be $13,000.00 to $19,000.00 collected in Contributions, from businesses alone. That is $6,500.00 to $9,000.00 just out of Topeka. That is 13 drawings for $500.00 on the $6,500.00 and 19 drawings on the $9,000.00. Remember, I can accept up to $2,000.00 from each Contributor up until Aug 2010. I cannot accept any Contributions from anyone other than private citizen individuals between Jan 2010 and June 2010. If you want to see these "FREE RAFFLES" going on, spread the word.

..This is not buying votes because it is Contributions. It is not my money to be buying anything. Please express your desire to have these "Raffles/Drawings" held in your city/cities. I will be talking shop at every "Free Raffle". I am using the "FREE RAFFLES" as a way to meet people and discuss issues. I can be reached at 1-913-294-9375 or west.herb@yahoo.com


Thanks,,,,

***Updated***

http://herbertwestiiicandidateforksgovernor.blogspot.com/2009/12/raffle-update.html

No comments: